SRA RULES AND REGULATIONS
Members agree to follow these rules and assume the responsibility that all people on their account (and their guests) will also abide by the rules.
The following rules are for the protection and benefit of all members. They have been set up to ensure safe and sanitary use of the pool facilities. Parents are requested to caution their children to observe all rules and to obey the instructions of the Pool Managers and Lifeguards. Any failure to comply with these rules shall be considered cause for immediate suspension of the offending member for a period of time commensurate with the severity of the offense at the discretion of the Pool Managers in collaboration with the Board Members, and can also lead to expulsion from the Skippack Recreation Association. Members are expected to act in accordance with the best interests of the Skippack Recreation Association.
Section I. POOL HOURS AND ADMISSION
- Daily Hours from Sunday – Saturday are 11:30am – 8:30pm.
- Hours may be shortened or extended at the discretion of the Pool Manager for special events or inclement weather.
- No member shall be admitted without their proper membership photo ID or if under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Members are responsible for their guests who shall enter and leave with that member.
- Members who violate guest regulations may lose guest privileges, face suspension, or dismissal.
Section II. HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Absolutely no glassware is allowed on pool premises.
- Proper swimming attire is required.
- Permission for all activities is at the discretion of the staff.
- Parents are responsible for their children’s conduct and safety around the pool area.
- Children under the age of 5 must be accompanied by an adult when using the restroom.
- Children not potty-trained must wear swimming diapers in the pool.
- Use of the wading pool is limited to children 6 years of age and under.
- No horseplay, running, or pushing others is permitted on the concrete or decks.
- No person shall bring or throw into the pool, walkways, decks, or bathrooms any object that may in any way endanger the safety of any person.
- Any injury to a person on the pool grounds must be reported to the staff immediately.
Section III. GENERAL
- No pets are allowed on SRA property.
- No food, drinks, or smoking are allowed inside the yellow line (close to the pool).
- No hard balls are permitted inside the pool area.
- Other ball play is at the discretion of the staff.
- Horseshoes are only to be played by adults 18 or older, and the horseshoes must be returned to the office after use.
- Foul language and disrespect are not permitted on SRA property.
- No person is allowed to climb over or go under the fences surrounding the pool grounds.
- Grills are for adult use only.
- Members are expected to clean up their area before leaving, and to place their trash in the proper containers set around the pool grounds.
- SRA is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal property.
- Other rules that may be posted in proper locations on the pool grounds shall be strictly enforced as the rules set forth here.
Section IV. SWIMMING AND DIVING REGULATIONS
- The SRA diving well is 12 feet deep. Because of this, a DEEP WATER TEST administered by a staff member is required for all children under the age of 12 years who wish to use the diving board and/or water slide which includes:
• Must swim 25 meters (one lap) without touching the bottom or stopping
• Must tread in deep water for one minute.
- Adults are NOT permitted to “catch” small children in the water.
- No diving board may be used until the diving well is clear of swimmers.
- One person is allowed on each diving board and the water slide stairs at a time.
- Only one bounce is permitted on the board before entering the water.
- Divers must dive or jump off the front of the board.
- Board activity deemed unsafe or inappropriate by guards, staff, or SRA representative is to be discontinued upon request.
- Wait until the swimmer is on the ladder before going off the diving board or water slide.
- Each diver and slider must swim to the ladder and exit the pool.
- Use of floating devices, including rafts, in the main pool is at the discretion of the staff.
- No rough play is permitted in the pool.
- No diving is allowed off the edge of the pool except in the diving well area.
Section V. PAVILION RESERVATIONS
- To book a pavilion, a member must appear in person beginning on, not before, the opening day of the pool season.
- A form is available at the front desk for members to fill out and hand in along with a “non- refundable” deposit (whether the grills are used or not) to the Lifeguard at the front desk.
- The staff can assist members with open dates on the calendar.
- If given a 24-hour notice to Management of any change in date and/or weather closures, the member’s deposit will be refunded.
- The member’s deposit is not used toward guest fees.